How to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
Usually, adware or malware infections are using browser settings to load their malicious add-ons or browser extensions. That’s why after performing scan and clean procedure, you still see the infection on your computer. It appears that some leftover has regenerated the infection and you need to start all over again, but this time, don’t forget to perform a browser reset after running your Anti-Malware software. Your Anti-Malware product wont reset the browser settings, because you will lose all the saved data – bookmarks, usernames. passwords, cookies etc. If you think that your browser data is important then please proceed with the browser settings backup and just then continue with the browser reset procedure.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default:
1. Click on the Menu icon.
2. Now click on the Help menu icon.
3. Click on the “Restart with Add-ons disabled” menu item.
4. Confirm that you want to Restart, by Clicking “Restart” button.
5. Continue by clicking the “Reset Firefox” button.
6. In order to confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click the “Reset” button.
Congratulations! You have finished resetting Mozilla Firefox to its initial state.