Security Cleaner Pro Removal
What is Security Cleaner Pro:
Threat Classification: Rogueware
Security Cleaner Pro is a malicious rogueware from the Rogue.WinWebSec family that pretends to be a legitimate antivirus security program. It produces fake messages that your system has been infected. If you try to remove these infections, Security Cleaner Pro will ask you to buy the full version. The Security Cleaner Pro rogueware injects itself into the system and changes permission policies and modifies the registry. Security Cleaner Pro is usually installed by the user itself not knowing that this is an actual virus. The threat masks itself as a legitimate program. The possible distribution of the Security Cleaner Pro varies but is not limited to – downloading fake Windows updates, installing software “supposedly” required to view an online video, clicking on ads or banners, downloading e-mail attachments or receiving files through a social media website or software.
Once installed, Security Cleaner Pro will take over your system and will present fake messages explaining that your personal information is at risk or that your computer is severely infected by malware. Security Cleaner Pro will try to kill any software you try to run on your computer. These actions are basically its own protection mechanism from legitimate antimalware programs. When this infection terminates a program it will display a message similar to the following:
“Security Cleaner Pro (Unregistered)
Infected process “cmd” trying to infect your files.”
Security Cleaner Pro will also display fake security alerts and warnings like the following or similar:
“Warning message from your Internet browser. This page is under virus attack.
This may crash your system.
This may be caused by:
•Virus content founded at this site is trying to install its components.
• Malicious & unknown network processes are determined.
• Your system is under virus attack.
• Negative references from other citizens concerning this web page.
• Your system ports and backdoors have been checked by visited page for external access.
Obtain a license for “Security Cleaner Pro” to protect your PC for the safest browsing Internet pages (desirable)”
Please note that these pop-up notifications are bogus and are used with the only purpose of making you believe that your PC is at risk and fooling you to purchase Security Cleaner Pro. This would generate income for the creators of this infection. Purchasing Security Cleaner Pro will expose your personal information to third-parties and you may also become a victim of a credit card or identity fraud.
This is a high-level, high-risk threat, and it should not be left unattended and this is the reason why you should take actions and remove it immediately, as it is a serious threat to your online identity and security.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users), by using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Security Cleaner Pro Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Security Cleaner Pro and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual Security Cleaner Pro Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Security Cleaner Pro manually. However, you should proceed at your own risk. Any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove Security Cleaner Pro by restoring your system to a previous state.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. To do this, turn your computer off and then back on and immediately when you see anything on the screen, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
***For Windows 8:
If you are using Windows 8, you need to hold the Shift button and tap the F8 key repeatedly, this should boot you into the new advanced “recovery mode”, where you can choose the advanced repair options to show up. On the next screen, you will need to click on the Troubleshoot option, then select Advanced Options and select Windows Startup Settings. Click on the Restart button, and you should now be able to see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the option “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3. When the command prompt loads up, type:
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Windows Vista/7/8: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
4. System Restore should initialize, and you will be displayed a list of restore points. Try using a restore point created just before the date and time before the Your-computer-has-been-locked virus has infected your computer.
When System Restore has completed its task, start your computer in Windows normal mode, you would need to perform a scan with anti-spyware software as the infection might still be on the system.
2. Remove Security Cleaner Pro under Safe Mode or Offline using a Rescue Disc:
1. Reboot your computer by using the information above but select Safe Mode with networking. Alternatively, you can boot the computer from a Rescue CD that you need to prepare before the removal process.
2. *If you are under Safe Mode or Normal Mode, check for the following process in memory and kill it:
3. Open Registry Editor (If using Rescue CD -> load the registry hive.)
4. Check the following registry keys for any entries related to the infection and remove them, if any found:
*Default entry must be: Explorer.exe
*Default entry must be: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
*Default entry must be:
Windows XP: rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL “sysdm.cpl”
Windows Vista/7/8: SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe /pagefile
*Please be extremely careful of modifying the default entries of Shell; UserInit and AppInit as you can break your system.
5. Check and remove/modify the following entries/values:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “ProtSoftware Inc” = “%AppData%\shl.exe”
6. Delete any files or folders related to Security Cleaner Pro by checking the following locations:
Look for the following files or similar: