Registry Cleaner Pro Removal
What is Registry Cleaner Pro:
Threat Classification: Rogue Software/PUP
Registry Cleaner Pro is presented as legitimate software that will clean your registry and optimize your system. Although, it is considered as a Rogue Software/PUP (potentially unwanted program).
When you install Registry Cleaner Pro on your system, it will display fake warnings stating that there are multiple issues detected. In order to fix the problems, you will need to buy the full version of the software. Registry Cleaner Pro might also warn you about corrupted Windows system files. The removal of such files might produce unwanted error messages or to crash your system. All alerts, scan results or pop-up message are fake.
Registry Cleaner Pro is usually bundled with other free software products and is being installed by default when the user accepts the EULA while performing an express/recommended installation of that software. The possible distribution of Registry Cleaner Pro varies but is not limited to – installing third-party programs, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
Registry Cleaner Pro is technically not a virus. However, its operation recalls certain malicious characteristics like bogus alerts or system errors that need to be fixed. Registry Cleaner Pro appears to be a legitimate application, but it is not recommended for use. The online community states that there are many errors left behind and the ones supposedly fixed have suspicious origin.
Registry Cleaner Pro may block other legitimate software on your computer such as anti-virus or anti-malware programs. This rogue software may modify your browser settings, and will run hidden in the background. The removal process might be quite a challenge for a novice. If you do not feel confident enough, we suggest you to remove this virus automatically.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Registry Cleaner Pro Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Registry Cleaner Pro and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual Registry Cleaner Pro Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Registry Cleaner Pro manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render you system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove Registry Cleaner Pro Uninstall Entry:
First, you can try to go to Control panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entry related to Registry Cleaner Pro or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find such, double-click on it and try to remove it. Although, please mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
If the above does not work, please try the following:
1. Start Windows Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar and select start task manager) and kill all associated program processes that still may run in the background: RegistryCleaner_Pro.exe and Close.exe. Now you should be able to uninstall the Registry Cleaner Pro using its own uninstaller.
2. Click on the Start button, navigate to All Programs, locate the Registry Cleaner Pro folder and click on it.
3. You should be able to see the “Uninstall Registry Cleaner Pro” uninstaller. Left-click on it in order to engage the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall wizard shows up, click on the uninstall button and confirm the uninstall process. If everything goes smooth, you should be able to uninstall the program successfully.
Then you can delete the registry key for this service:
5. Open Registry Editor and by typing in “regedit” under the search pane (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Run command (Windows XP). Locate and remove the following entry:
This will prevent Registry Cleaner Pro to come back after a system reboot.
6. Unregister the associated DLL
Go to the “Start” menu, type “cmd” in the “Start Search” pane and press Enter to start the command line window.
Type “regsvr32 /u engineap.dll” in the command line window and press Enter to unregister the DLL.
2. Delete any folders or files related to Registry Cleaner Pro by checking the following locations:
Look for the following files or similar:
engineap.dll, RegistryCleaner_Pro.exe and, Close.exe