RegClean Pro Removal
What is RegClean Pro:
Threat Classification: PUP/adware
RegClean Pro is a paid system optimizer and registry cleaner that the security specialists consider as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) and/or adware program. RegClean Pro is usually bundled with other free software products and is being installed by default when the user accepts the EULA while performing an express/recommended installation of that software. There are many cases where users aren`t aware how this software got installed on their computer, leading them to believe that RegClean Pro is a virus. This program is also bundled within the custom installer on many reputable download sites, so if you have downloaded software from these websites, chances are that RegClean Pro was installed during the software setup process. The possible distribution of RegClean Pro varies but is not limited to – installing third-party toolbars, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
RegClean Pro is technically not a virus. However, its operation recalls certain malicious characteristics like bogus alerts or system errors that need to be fixed. RegClean Pro appears to be a legitimate application, but it is not recommended for use. The online community states that there are many errors left behind and the ones supposedly fixed have suspicious origin. As from the program itself, one is being offered a moneyback guarantee for the purchase. It is up to you whether to keep it, or to remove from your machine.
!!! Please note that such software could potentially bring up other malware to your computer or even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate this.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic RegClean Pro Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect RegClean Pro and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual RegClean Pro Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove RegClean Pro PUP manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove RegClean Pro Uninstall Entry:
First, you can try to go to Control panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entry related to RegClean Pro/ AdvancedSystemProtector or MyPC Backup or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find such, double-click on it and try to remove it. Although, please mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
If the above does not work, please try the following:
1. Start Windows Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar and select start task manager) and kill all associated program processes that still may run in the background: RegClean Pro, AdvancedSystemProtector or MyPC Backup.exe
Now you should be able to uninstall the RegClean Pro using their own uninstaller.
2. Click on the Start button, navigate to All Programs, locate the RegClean Pro folder and click on it.
3. You should be able to see the “Uninstall RegClean Pro” uninstaller. Left-click on it in order to engage the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall wizard shows up, click on the uninstall button and confirm the uninstall process. If everything goes smooth, you should be able to uninstall the program successfully.
2. Delete any folders or files related to RegClean Pro by checking the following locations: