Predator Pain Keylogger Removal
What is Predator Pain Keylogger:
Threat Classification: Rogue Software/Keylogger
Predator Pain Keylogger is malicious keylogger that can be used to log and transmit sensitive data like account passwords and credit card details being input in your system. Predator Pain Keylogger is advertised for 35$ on the underground forums. It is considered as a Rogue Software/Keylogger. The Predator Pain Keylogger incorporates Browser, Messenger, FTP and File stealers and is also able make screen and clipboard snapshots, stealing Bitcoin Wallets and more. Moreover, the keylogger targets World of WarCraft, Steam and MineCraft account credentials as well as Runescape pin steal.
When the Predator Pain Keylogger is installed on your system, it will stealth in your machine, hiding its files and injecting itself in many crucial system processes. Predator Pain Keylogger is able to send stolen data through FTP, PHP and even e-mail to the cyber criminals. The keylogger keeps a copy of all passwords saved in all types of browsers and software like steam, skype, outlook or any other IM software. It can also be bind to certain files like office documents or favorite programs. Upon execution, it will deploy itself quietly and start logging. Predator Pain Keylogger could mask .exe files as .jpg for tricking the user to run malicious software.
Predator Pain Keylogger may be bundled with other free software products. The possible distribution of Predator Pain Keylogger varies but is not limited to – installing third-party programs, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
Predator Pain Keylogger`s operation could be set to produce bogus alerts or system errors. The malicious program disables many known ways to detect threats. It will modify the registry to disable Command Prompt, MSConfig, Task Manager and Registry Editor in order to prevent the user of tracking it down. Predator Pain Keylogger is very hard to detect as most of the anti-virus software is unable to detect its presence.
Predator Pain Keylogger may also block other legitimate software on your computer as well as anti-virus or anti-malware programs. This rogue software may modify your browser settings, and run hidden in the background. The removal process might be quite a challenge for a novice. If you do not feel confident enough, we suggest you to remove this keylogger automatically.
Predator Pain Keylogger is a high-level, high-risk threat, and it should not be left unattended and this is the reason why you should take actions and remove it immediately, as it is a serious threat to your online identity and security.
!!! Please note that such infection could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Predator Pain Keylogger Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Predator Pain Keylogger and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual Predator Pain Keylogger Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Predator Pain Keylogger manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render you system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove Predator Pain Keylogger by restoring your system to a previous state.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. To do this, turn your computer off and then back on and immediately when you see anything on the screen, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
***For Windows 8:
If you are using Windows 8, you need to hold the Shift button and tap the F8 key repeatedly, this should boot you into the new advanced “recovery mode”, where you can choose the advanced repair options to show up. On the next screen, you will need to click on the Troubleshoot option, then select Advanced Options and select Windows Startup Settings. Click on the Restart button, and you should now be able to see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the option “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3. When the command prompt loads up, type:
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Windows Vista/7/8: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
4. System Restore should initialize, and you will be displayed a list of restore points. Try using a restore point created just before the date and time before the Your-computer-has-been-locked virus has infected your computer.
When System Restore has completed its task, start your computer in Windows normal mode, you would need to perform a scan with anti-spyware software as the infection might still be on the system.
2. Remove Predator Pain Keylogger under Safe Mode or Offline using a Rescue Disc:
1. Reboot your computer by using the information above but select Safe Mode with networking. Alternatively, you can boot the computer from a Rescue CD that you need to prepare before the removal process.
2. *If you are under Safe Mode or Normal Mode, check for any malicious processes in memory and kill them:
3. Open Registry Editor (If using Rescue CD -> load the registry hive.)
4. Check the following registry keys for any entries related to the infection and remove them, if any found:
*Default entry must be: Explorer.exe
*Default entry must be: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
*Default entry must be:
Windows XP: rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL “sysdm.cpl”
Windows Vista/7/8: SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe /pagefile
*Please be extremely careful of modifying the default entries of Shell; UserInit and AppInit as you can break your system.
5. Check and remove/modify the following entries/values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Windows Update”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell”
Data: explorer.exe, C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\winlogon.exe
6. Delete any files or folders related to Predator Pain Keylogger by checking the following locations:
Look for the following files or similar:
%AppData%\Roaming\WINLOGON.EXE, pid.txt, pidloc.txt, WindowsUpdate.exe