How To Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar
What is MyTransitGuide Toolbar:
Threat Classification: Browser Hijacker/PUP
The MyTransitGuide Toolbar or as it is also known – My Transit Guide Toolbar or simply as the MyTransitGuide is a web app, developed by the MindSpark Interactive Networks LLC. and is powered by MyWay. It is very interesting, that the MyTransitGuide Toolbar appears strikingly familiar to many users and this is entirely normal, as the MindSpark Interactive Networks LLC. has designed and built many other similar web applications – like for example the GetFormsOnline Toolbar or TransitSimplified Toolbar, DailyLocalGuide Toolbar, GetFlightInfo Toolbar, FromDocToPDF Toolbar or AtoZManual Toolbar and many more similar applications. After some researching into this matter, our malware experts have noticed, that MyTransitGuide Toolbar and the other web apps have indeed something in common – our malware researchers classified these web apps as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and browser hijackers, just like the majority of the respected and reliable malware experts on the Internet. The reasons for this conclusion are the distribution method – software bundling and the suspicious behavior when these software products are installed and activated. The software bundling, means less control from the user, as multiple programs are set for installations using the same installer at the same time, which makes almost impossible to track all the programs that are running and modifying the system, moreover the installation could be set by default to use either silent or quiet installation method, which is perfectly legal on paper, however it is another question – if it’s really the right way. Furthermore, once installed, these web apps could monitor and collect various private browsing data, which is basically the main reason, for the decision of our security experts – they are recommending all affected users, that value their online privacy and computer safety to run a full system malware scan, using some up-to-date and reliable anti-malware software, like the award-winning SpyHunter.
Usually, MyTransitGuide comes packed with some popular and free “ad-supported” software program in a software bundle. The software bundle has an automatic program installer, which is set by default to silent or stealth installation and if the user accepts the product’s EULA and hasn’t opted-out express/recommended install, the system will be overtaken from the rogue programs, which were set by the software bundle installer. The possible distribution of the MyTransitGuide varies but is not limited to – other 3rd party toolbars, free PDF editors, free Video editors, free Video downloaders, infected e-mail attachments, suspicious torrents etc.
MyTransitGuide may keep track of your browsing activity and could monitor and collect all kind of valuable browser information, including private data like search terms, search result URL, browser history, email addresses, account credentials including username & password, cookies, financial information like bank accounts, credit card numbers etc. The collected data will later be either sold or shared with some 3rd party companies, which will use it for their own marketing purposes. That’s why such infections should not be left unattended and need to be terminated immediately, as they appear to represent a serious threat to users online identity and computer safety and security.
!!! Please note that these kinds of infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause loss of data. We strongly recommend you to not underestimate such threats.
How to remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect MyTransitGuide and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove MyTransitGuide manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Locate ALL entries related to MyTransitGuide and sort by date the programs’ list to look for suspicious entries near the infection date (at the end of the list) and try to uninstall them.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
2. Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window, click the Close button and restart your browser for the new settings to take effect.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main Chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
3. Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
4. Remove MyTransitGuide Toolbar by deleting the related files or folders in the following locations