How to remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker
What is Your-Search.com:
Threat Classification: Browser Hijacker
Recently, our experts have notified us, that the Your-Search.com (a.k.a. Your Search by Trovi) is been promoted using a browser hijacker, that modifies user’s settings for the default search engine, URL for New Tabs and/or starting page and is usually distributed in various software bundles with some popular software programs across the Internet. After researching into this issue, we’ve found out, that the respected and reputable malware researchers on the Internet have classified Your-Search.com as a dangerous browser hijacker and they consider it as a threat to users’ online identity and computer safety. We’ve also found out, that the majority of the affected users were absolutely sure, that they didn’t set Your-Search.com set as default search engine and default URL for the New Tabs in their web browser settings on purpose and are even searching for how to get rid of Your-search.com. Our security experts are recommending all users, that value online privacy and computer security to initiate a malware scan on their systems, using an up-to-date, reputable and reliable anti-malware software, just like the award-winning SpyHunter.
Usually, the Your-Search.com browser hijacker comes packed with some popular “Ad-supported” freeware applications and is set to install by default, while the victim performs an express/recommended installation. The possible distribution of the Your-Search.com browser hijacker varies but is not limited to – installing 3rd party toolbars, popular free software products, infected e-mail attachments, unintentional clicks on ads or banners etc.
Your-Search.com could fill up the entire desktop screen with some very irritating, unwanted or even dangerous ads, which could bring up even more dangerous and aggressive malware infections – like ransomware, cryptoviruses, fake anti-malware programs or computer lockdown infections. You should also know and be aware that the Your-Search.com browser hijacker will monitor & collect your entire browsing activity, including search terms, results, browsing history, session ids, cookies, account credentials, financial information like credit card number and even local usernames and/or passwords entries. The collected data will later be either sold or shared with some other 3rd party companies, which will use it for their own marketing purposes. That’s why you shouldn’t leave this kind of malware infections unattended, but it needs to be terminated immediately, as it presents a significant threat to your online identity and computer security.
Many malware researchers have expressed the opinion, that the Your-Search.com shares a lot of similarities with the WebOfSearch.com, Trovi.com, Search.searchlivesportson.com, Screenrecordsearch.com, Cleanserp.net, IFastSearch.com, Isearchnow.com, Search.searchtodaynr.com, NYKnicksbuzzsearch.com, DiscreteSearch.com, YeadesktopBR.com, Searchguide.level3.com, SearchEagle.net as well as many other so-called “search” engines, which supposedly “enhance” user’s browsing experience and somehow provide them with this “unique” functionality as well as to “protect” their private browsing data and much more “useful” stuff …
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of important data. Please, do not underestimate such threats.
How to remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Your-Search.com and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove Your-Search.com hijacker manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove Your-Search.com from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Locate ALL entries related to Your-Search.com and sort by date the programs’ list and look for suspicious entries near the infection date/at the end and try to uninstall them.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
2. Remove Your-Search.com browser hijacker by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new web browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window, click the Close button and restart the web browser, to get the new settings.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main Chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
3. Remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
4. Remove Your-Search.com Browser Hijacker leftovers by deleting the related files or folders in the following locations