How to remove Tabs2Grid Adware
What is Tabs2Grid:
Threat Classification: Adware/PUP
The Tabs2Grid is a deceptive and dangerous browser extension, that was classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Product) and an adware by the majority of the malware researchers on Internet. According to the malware researchers, Tabs2Grid appears on the users’ computer without their authorization or consent, because of its distribution method – bundling and once it is active it starts showing multiple intrusive ads. Even though, that some users might find the Tabs2Grid as helpful and handy while managing their multi-tab web browsing, they should remember, that the application is actually classified as a threat to users’ online identity and their computer safety. Furthermore, our researchers have stated, that the Tabs2Grid might be using the Windows GroupPolicy feature to install as administrator and to make the recovery of the system much harder. Basically, that’s why our security experts are recommending all affected users to execute a full system malware scan, using an up-to-date and reliable anti-malware software, like the award-winning SpyHunter.
Usually, Tabs2Grid comes packed with some popular free or “ad-supported” products and is set to install by default, just after the user accepts with the EULA and he/she didn’t opted-out the default/recommended/express installation option. The possible distribution of the Tabs2Grid varies and is not limited to suspicious download sites, torrent downloads, peer2peer downloads, 3rd party toolbars, free PDF editors, free Video editors, free converters, free Video downloads, infected e-mail attachments, suspicious torrents etc.
Our malware experts have warned us, that the Tabs2Grid could also be used to monitor users’ web traffic and it could also collect all kind of valuable private browser data, including origin IP addresses, search terms, search result URL, browser history, email addresses, account credentials including username & password, cookies, financial information like bank accounts, credit card numbers etc. Later, the collected data will either be sold or shared with some 3rd party companies, which, of course, will use it for their own marketing purposes. Basically, that’s why our security experts are strongly recommending all users to avoid leaving such kind of adware infections active their systems and to terminate them immediately because they represent a very serious and real threat to users’ online identity and their computer safety.
If you take a closer look at the Tabs2Grid adware, you’ll find out, that it is almost identical to the MySearch DS-1, TV Stream Now, Dashlane, Saves Texts and other similar web application, which are claiming to improve users’ online experience by providing some unique features, but all of them are already classified as adware by our malware experts.
!!! Please note that these kinds of infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause loss of data. We strongly recommend you to not underestimate such threats.
How to remove Tabs2Grid Adware
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove Tabs2Grid Adware Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Tabs2Grid and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove Tabs2Grid Adware Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove Tabs2Grid Adware manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions below might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Clear the GroupPolicy modifications by the Tabs2Grid adware
- In order to remove the GroupPolicy folders, we need to open an Administrator Command Prompt.
- For Windows XP/Vista/7 – Click Start, All Programs and then Accessories. Right-click Command prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- For Windows 8/8.1/10 – press Win+X (Windows Logo Key and X key) – click Command Prompt(Admin) from the Pop-up Menu.
- Next, you should go ahead and click Yes to confirm, that you want to start Command Prompt as Administrator and then you’ll see the new Administrator Command Prompt window.
- Next, we need to execute some commands in the new Administrator Command Prompt window. Please, type in the following commands and at the end of each row hit Enter:
- rmdir /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers”
- rmdir /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy”
- gpupdate.exe /Force
2. Remove Tabs2Grid from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Locate ALL entries related to Tabs2Grid, next sort by date the programs’ list and search for suspicious entries near the infection date(at the end) and try to uninstall them as well.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
3. Remove Tabs2Grid Ads by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings check box.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window, click the Close button and restart your browser for the new settings to take effect.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings check box, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
4. Remove Tabs2Grid from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any additional arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
5. Remove Tabs2Grid leftovers by deleting the related files or folders in the following locations