How to remove My1Tab.com Redirect
What is My1Tab.com:
Threat Classification: Browser Hijacker
If you’ve recently installed some new software and your web browser has started using a new homepage, default search engine and/or default URL for the New Tabs, without your authorization or consent, you might have fallen victim to a malware infection, which brought to your system a browser hijacker. According to our malware researchers the My1Tab.com website is currently been promoted by a browser hijacker, which is been distributed via suspicious software bundles, set by default to modify system and browser settings, without users’ consent. Furthermore, even though that My1Tab.com tries to appear legit and regular by showing search results from Yahoo, our experts warned us, that these are not the regular and legit organic search results by Yahoo, but are some heavily modified custom results, which are often full of 3rd party web ads and questionable software applications. Our experts have also pointed out the fact, that the majority of the most reputable and respected malware researchers on Internet are considering the My1Tab.com redirects as a potential threat to users’ online identity and their computer safety. That’s why we reviewed all the available information, related to the My1Tab.com redirects and we came to the conclusion, that the affected users should perform a full system malware scan, using an up-to-date and reliable anti-malware software tool, like the award-winning SpyHunter.
Usually, the My1Tab.com browser hijacker comes packed with some popular, “Ad-supported” freeware applications and it is set to proceed with the installation, right after the user accepts the EULA and didn’t opted-out the express/quick/recommended installation. The possible distribution of the My1Tab.com browser hijacker varies and is not limited to – 3rd party toolbars, popular free software products, infected e-mail attachments, torrents or some other peer-2-peer data sharing applications, unintentional clicks on ads or banners etc.
My1Tab.com could fill up the entire desktop screen with some very irritating, unwanted or even dangerous ads, which could bring up even more dangerous and aggressive malware infections – like ransomware, cryptoviruses, fake anti-malware programs or computer lockdown infections. You should also be aware that My1Tab.com browser hijacker will monitor your web address and will collect all kinds of private browsing data, including search terms, results, browsing history, session ids, cookies, account credentials, financial information like credit card number and even local usernames and/or passwords entries. The collected database will later be either sold or shared with some other 3rd party companies, which will use it for their own marketing purposes. That’s why you shouldn’t leave this kind of malware infections unattended, as it needs to be terminated immediately, because it presents a serious threat to your online identity and computer safety.
Upon a closer inspection, you will notice that the My1Tab.com redirects is very similar to the SearchPrivately.co, SearchSecretly.net, Play.eanswers.com, Themovie-portal.com, Onepagesnews.net, Feed.live-streaming.online, Togosearching.com, Go.myquery.net and many others of the so-called “hi-quality” Internet search engines, that should supposedly “enhance” user’s browsing experience and at the same time it will “protect” users’ privacy and anonymity.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of important data. Please, do not underestimate such threats.
How to remove My1Tab.com Redirect
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove My1Tab.com Redirect Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect My1Tab.com and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove My1Tab.com Redirect Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove My1Tab.com hijacker manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove My1Tab.com related entries from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Select ALL entries related to My1Tab.com, next go ahead and sort the installed programs’ list by date and select All suspicious entries near infection date/at the end and uninstall them.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
2. Remove My1Tab.com Redirect by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window, click the Close button and restart the web browser, to get the new settings.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main Chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
3. Remove My1Tab.com from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
4. Remove My1Tab.com hijacker leftovers by deleting the related files or folders in the following locations