How to remove DriverAgent Plus Ads
What is DriverAgent Plus:
Threat Classification: Adware/PUP
DriverAgent Plus (a.k.a. Driver Agent Plus, DriverAgent Plus Ads, Ads by DriverAgent Plus or DriverAgent Plus virus) is an application, developed by the Reimage and it was described as a System Optimization software, that keeps your drivers up-to-date. Our experts took a very close look at this application and they’ve noticed, that it was distributed using various suspicious software downloaders or software bundles, that were set by default to install multiple questionable software products without users’ authorization or consent! Some further researches have shown, that some rogue browser extension could cause increase of the DriverAgent Plus Browser Popup Ads & Redirects, that are often classified as an adware infections. Our security experts warned us, that this kind of adware infections or PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Product) could monitor users’ web traffic and could collect various browser information, including some private browsing data like web searches, search results, cookies, IP addresses, financial information like credit card numbers and account credentials – usernames and passwords etc. Basically, that’s why our experts are recommending all users, that value their privacy and security to run a full system malware scan, using an up-to-date and reliable anti-malware product, just like the award-winning SpyHunter4.
Usually, the DriverAgent Plus comes packed with some popular “Ad-supported” freeware applications and is set to install by default, while the victim performs an express/recommended installation. The possible distribution of the DriverAgent Plus varies but is not limited to – installing 3rd party toolbars, popular free software products, infected e-mail attachments, unintentional clicks on ads or banners etc.
DriverAgent Plus could fill up the entire desktop screen with some very irritating, unwanted or even dangerous ads, which could bring up even more dangerous and aggressive malware infections – like ransomware, cryptoviruses, fake anti-malware programs or computer lockdown infections. You should also know and be aware that the DriverAgent Plus will monitor & collect your entire browsing activity, including search terms, results, browsing history, session ids, cookies, account credentials, financial information like credit card number and even local usernames and/or passwords entries. The collected data will later be either sold or shared with some other 3rd party companies, which will use it for their own marketing purposes. That’s why you shouldn’t leave this kind of malware infections unattended, but it needs to be terminated immediately, as it presents a significant threat to your online identity and computer security.
If you look closer the the DriverAgent Plus application, you will find it very similar to the Dashlane, ScreenUp, FirePlayer, Max Driver Updater, DriverRestore, DriverUpdater Pro or TweakBit Driver Updater, which are classified as Adware and PUPs already.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of important data. Please, do not underestimate such threats.
How to remove DriverAgent Plus Ads
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove DriverAgent Plus Ads Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect DriverAgent Plus and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove DriverAgent Plus Ads Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove DriverAgent Plus manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove DriverAgent Plus from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Locate ALL entries related to DriverAgent Plus and try to uninstall them.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
2. Remove DriverAgent Plus Ads by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new web browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window click the Close button and restart your browser for the new settings to take effect.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
3. Remove DriverAgent Plus from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
4. Remove DriverAgent Plus Ads by deleting the related files or folders in the following locations: