How to remove Cool Browser Adware
What is Cool Browser:
Threat Classification: PUP/adware
Generally, users that have it installed on their systems might see different pop-ups, banners, search suggestions, sponsored link advertisements displayed on popular pages. The search results could also being altered, displaying information loaded with spam and third-party advertising.
Cool Browser is usually bundled with other free software products and is being installed by default, when the user accepts the EULA, while performing an express/recommended installation of that software. The possible distribution of Cool Browser varies but is not limited to – installing third-party toolbars, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Cool Browser Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Cool Browser and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find SpyHunter’s Installation Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detection. You can then manually remove the detected files, processes and registry entries, however we recommend you to purchase a subscription, which will allow you to perform an automatic removal and to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by an expert technician.
Manual Cool Browser Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Cool Browser Adware/PUP manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove Cool Browser Uninstall Entry:
First, you can try to go to Control panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entry related to Cool Browser, Cool Browser, iReview, Obrona Blockads, Media Player 1.1, Video Player, YoutubeAdBlocker, Enterprise Policy, 1ClickDownload, Yontoo, FBPhotoZoom, Mac Free Converter, DP1815, Youtube Downloader HD, DVDX Player 3.2, Fast Free Converter, SafeSaver, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Couponpueke, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, LyricsBuddy-1 or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find such, double-click on it and try to remove it. Although, please mind that this is an actual infection and you might not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
2. Remove Cool Browser from your browser:
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
After IE completes the operation, click the close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (you can copy-paste it) and delete the entire folder “Chrome” with all the folders and files that are in it.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, you can navigate to these folders by following these steps:
For Windows XP:
1. Click on “Start” in the bottom-left part of the screen.
2. Choose “Run”. 3. Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
1. Click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left part of the screen.
2. Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter
1. At the top of the Firefox window (upper-left corner), click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the top-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
3. Delete any folders or files related to Cool Browser by checking the following locations: