How to remove AccessUnstop.net Ads
What is AccessUnstop.net:
Threat Classification: Adware/PUP
AccessUnstop.net ( or as it is also known – AccessUnStop.net Ads, Ads by AccessUnstop.net or AccessUnstop.net adware) is presented as an useful web service, that is providing additional accessing methods to some geo-restricted websites. The AccessUnstop.net developers are claiming, that users could access those websites by using their “indirect browsing” method, that relies on some proxy servers, located in different parts of the world. According to the AccessUnstop.net website, users are allowed to use AccessUnstop.net’s proxy servers to browse 3rd party websites, some of which may be blocked in user’s home country. On the Terms of Service page of the AccessUnstop.net is clearly stated, that “Any resource, downloaded through our services may be modified by this service(indirect browsing)“, which basically means – we will put some sponsor ads on all web page requests and that’s why you could have problems recognizing some familiar websites. We’ve also noticed, that the AccessUnstop.net website claims, that it will collect and keep all the requested URI (address of requested web pages), the data provided by your browser to the requested website (username, passwords, screen resolution etc – basically everything), the originating IP address (your IP address) and all the cookies, provided by these 3rd party websites. Finally, our security experts pointed us to the fact, that AccessUnstop.net service, is regarded as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Product) and/or an Adware by the majority of the malware researchers and that AccessUnstop.net service is fully capable of infiltrating computers without user’s consent. Our security experts are strongly recommending all users, that value their privacy and security to get rid of the AccessUnstop.net and to run a full system malware scan asap, using an up-to-date, reputable and reliable software product, just like the award-winning SpyHunter.
In general, the AccessUnstop.net extension comes packed with other popular “ad-supported” freeware application in a software bundle. The software bundle has an automatic program installer, which is set by default to silent or stealth installation and if the user accepts the product’s EULA and hasn’t opted-out express/recommended install, the system will be overtaken from the rogue programs, which were set by the software bundle installer. The possible distribution of the AccessUnstop.net varies but is not limited to – other 3rd party toolbars, free PDF editors, free Video editors, free Video downloaders, infected e-mail attachments, suspicious torrents etc.
AccessUnstop.net may keep track of your browsing activity and could monitor and collect all kind of valuable browser information, including private data like search terms, search result URL, browser history, email addresses, account credentials including username & password, cookies, financial information like bank accounts, credit card numbers etc. The collected data will later be either sold or shared with some 3rd party companies, which will use it for their own marketing purposes. That’s why such infections should not be left unattended and need to be terminated immediately, as they appear to represent a serious threat to users online identity and computer safety and security.
The AccessUnstop.net website is identical to the WebUnstop.org, Stoppblock.org, and UnstopAccess.com, all of which were classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and/or Adware applications. It is known, that those kind of services are using ads injection to somehow pay for their web traffic bill and computing power rent, that is basically a trade – you’ll receive ads, but you will be allowed to overcome some geo-restrictions … but it might seem as you are trading much more than some additional ad views – maybe you are trading your online privacy and safety …
!!! Please note that these kinds of infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause loss of data. We strongly recommend you to not underestimate such threats.
How to remove AccessUnstop.net Ads
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for ALL users) using a SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
2. Manual Removal Method (recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads Automatically
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect AccessUnstop.net and all its entries and remove it, by using the information, which we’ve obtained, just by clicking the download button below. When installed, SpyHunter will automatically initiate a full system scan and will detect and show all threats present on the system. Next, it is up to you to decide which method you will use to remove these threads. You can use either the automatic removal method or the manual removal method.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about the SpyHunter (EULA). We recommend you to read and follow the SpyHunter Installation Instructions. SpyHunter‘s free diagnosis offers unlimited free scans and detections, which you can use for the manual removal. You can go ahead and continue to remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself or purchase a subscription, which will allow you to use all the programs features, including the automatic thread removal feature, multiple systems install and you will receive unlimited one-on-one professional support sessions, for any malware related issue by a highly trained and experienced support technician.
Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads Manually
!!! Please note: You can remove AccessUnstop.net manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of these interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is highly recommended ONLY for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillerS.com recommends using SpyHunter.
1. Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads from the Installed Programs List
- Open the Run dialog window by using the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In the newly opened Run window type appwiz.cpl and press Enter – you should see the list of programs installed on your PC.
- Locate ALL entries related to AccessUnstop and sort by date the programs’ list to check for suspicious entries near the infection date – at the end of the list and try to uninstall them.
* Keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to complete the process
2. Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads by simply resetting the proxy settings
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut. (check the previous image for more info) – Please note, that you should run as administrator the next command
- In the Run window, type netsh winhttp reset proxy and hit the enter.
3. Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads by resetting web browser settings to default
We’ve made a lot of tests and experiments and concluded, that the best way to get rid of browser extensions, toolbars, new tabs, and settings is to reset the web browser’s settings back to default. If you follow the instructions below, you will end up with a brand new web browser.
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
The guide works on all Windows versions and will reset settings for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge back to default.
- Open the Run dialog by using Windows Key + R shortcut.
- In the Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Internet Properties window will appear – click the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset… button, which is near the bottom.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings window will appear – make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox.
- After select Delete personal settings, click the Reset button.
- In Reset Internet Explorer settings window, click the Close button and restart for the new settings to take effect.
* Please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
** Make sure to select Delete personal settings checkbox, because this option defines the removal of all customized browser settings.
*** At the end, restart Internet Explorer in order to activate the New Settings.
Reset Google Chrome settings to default
If you want to reset Google Chrome settings to default, we strongly advise you to use the Google Chrome Cleanup tool, however, the tool requires Windows 7 and above, for earlier Windows versions, proceed with manual reset – use the instructions below.
- Open the Google Chrome Menu, by clicking on the ⋮ icon, which is located on the top right side of the main Chrome window.
- When you are in the Google Chrome Menu, click on the Settings.
- A new Settings tab will open – scroll down to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings … link.
- In the newly reopened Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Settings button.
- A Reset settings confirmation window will request a confirmation – go ahead and click the Reset button.
* In order to activate the new settings – restart the Google Chrome.
Reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu, which is located on the top right side of the main window
- When the menu opens, at the bottom search and click on the Help icon –
- In the Help sub-menu click Reset with Add-ons Disabled …
- A Restart with Add-ons Disabled window will appear – go ahead and confirm by clicking the Restart button.
- Firefox SafeMode window will appear – just continue by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Finally, Refresh Firefox window will request you to confirm, that you want to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default – go ahead and click Refresh Firefox button.
4. Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads Extension from all web browser shortcuts
Some applications are modifying web browser shortcuts, making the web browser load a particular web page on every start. We recommend checking your browser shortcuts by hand or just using the following application to check them for you – browser shortcuts repair tool.
If you want to manually repair these shortcuts – right-click on the shortcut using your mouse and select properties – make sure that the shortcut’s Target Line doesn’t have any arguments, except the actual browser location. The easiest way to solve this issue is just to remove your old shortcuts and re-create them.
5. Remove AccessUnstop.net Ads leftovers by deleting the related files in the following locations