How to Fix Msvcr80.dll Not Found
How to Fix Msvcr80.dll Not Found or Missing Error
Msvcr80.dll error message may appear while using or installing certain programs like Apple iTunes etc. Generally, the msvcr80.dll error is caused by missing or corrupted msvcr80.dll file. This file is part of the Microsoft C runtime library and is used by many different applications. There are several msvcr80.dll errors that you may experience on your computer.
“The file msvcr80.dll is missing.”
“msvcr80.dll Not Found”
“This application failed to start because msvcr80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“Cannot find [location path]\msvcr80.dll”
“Cannot start [program]. A required component is missing: msvcr80.dll. Please install [program] again.”
You can try to fix the msvcr80.dll error using the guide below:
How to Perform SFC Check:
Windows OS has a built-in functionality to replace certain windows system files. *You might need your Windows Install Disc.
In order to run the Windows System File Check and replace the corrupted system files, please follow the steps below:
*If using Windows 8:
1. Press the “Windows + X” buttons simultaneously.
2. From the menu choose Command Prompt (Admin). If there is a warning message that appears, click “Yes” to confirm.
*If using Windows 7/Vista:
1. Left click on the Windows start button.
2. In the search pane type in “cmd”. The Command Prompt window should appear on the top of the list.
3. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
*If using Windows XP:
1. Left click on the Start button
2. Click on RUN
3. In the field, type CMD and press OK
4. The command prompt will start. Type in “sfc /scannow” (w/o quotes) the scanning process takes around 30 min to 1 hour depending on your computer’s performance.
5. After the scan is complete, a message will be shown that some system components were compromised and replaced.
6. In order to complete the process, please restart your computer.
*Please note that you may see the following message: “There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again.” Please restart and follow the steps once again.
If the above does not help, please try the following:
How Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Components:
The process will replace/restore the missing msvcr80.dll with the most recent copy provided by Microsoft. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Components should fix msvcr80.dll error.
Below, you have several download options from Microsoft, based on the version of Windows you have installed – x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit).
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (both x86 and x64)
Once you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Components you should no longer experience the msvcr80.dll missing error and the problem should now be resolved.
The Case With Apple iTunes Software
If you are receiving the msvcr80.dll missing error when you open Apple iTunes, please follow the guide above and then reinstall the iTunes application.
To reinstall iTunes:
1. Uninstall the software from Control panel – Programs and Features/Add Remove programs, in this particular order: iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application Support, iCloud, and finally MobileMe.
*do not be concerned if you are missing some of these entries
**Please note that the Songs and the playlists in iTunes will not be removed when you uninstall iTunes.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Manually delete any Folders or leftovers from iTunes, if any exist, after Windows starts again:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
***If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, all folders will be located in the Program Files (x86) folder.
4. You can download the newest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
5. Run the iTunes installation package as an administrator (right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu). If a warning message appears, please click yes or allow to confirm the operation.
6. Follow the steps to reinstall the iTunes Software.
Once you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Components and reinstalled iTunes, you should no longer experience problems running the application.