BoostWeb App Ads Removal
What is BoostWeb App:
Threat Classification: PUP/adware
Users that have it installed on their systems might experience various issues, including performance problems, network connectivity issues or other system errors. BoostWeb App will start showing various pop-up & pop-under ad windows, banners, search suggestions, sponsored link advertisements, coupon boxes and other advertisements on webpages. The search results are compromised as well – they have been altered, to display information loaded with SPAM and third-party advertising.
BoostWeb App is usually bundled with other free software products and is being installed by default, when the user accepts the EULA during the express/recommended installation process. The possible distribution of BoostWeb App varies but is not limited to – installing third-party toolbars, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic BoostWeb App Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect BoostWeb App ads and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual BoostWeb App ads Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove BoostWeb App Adware manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore the manual removal method is recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts only. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using the SpyHunter software.
1. Remove BoostWeb App ads Uninstall Entry:
First, you can try to go to Control panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entry related to BoostWeb App, Websteroids, Meteoroids, AdPeak, Level Quality Watchers, 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom, Superfish or any third-party browser add-ons, extensions or toolbars. If you find some, double-click their control panel entries and then try removing them. Although, keep in mind, that these are active infections and you might not be able to remove them directly from that Program’s list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
2. Remove BoostWeb App from your browser:
Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).
*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.
After IE completes the operation, click the close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.
Go to the following path (you can copy-paste it) and delete the entire folder “Chrome” with all the folders and files that are in it.
For Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\
For Windows Vista/7/8/10: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\
Alternatively, you can navigate to these folders by following these steps:
For Windows XP:
1. Click on “Start” in the bottom-left part of the screen.
2. Choose “Run”. 3. Type %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ and hit Enter.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
1. Click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left part of the screen.
2. Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ and hit Enter
1. At the top of the Firefox window (upper-left corner), click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the top-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the imported information. Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
3. Delete any folders or files related to BoostWeb App by checking the following locations: