Antivirus Security Pro 2014 Removal
What is Antivirus Security Pro 2014:
Threat Classification: Rogueware
Antivirus Security Pro 2014 is a malicious rogueware that pretends to be a legitimate security program. It produces fake messages that your system has been infected. If you try to remove these infections, Antivirus Security Pro 2014 will ask you to buy the full version. The Antivirus Security Pro 2014 rogueware injects itself into the system and changes permission policies and modifies the registry. Antivirus Security Pro 2014 is usually installed by the user itself not knowing that this is an actual virus. The threat masks itself as a legitimate program. The possible distribution of the Antivirus Security Pro 2014 varies but is not limited to – downloading fake Windows updates, installing software “supposedly” required to view an online video, clicking on ads or banners, downloading e-mail attachments or receiving files through a social media website or software.
Once installed, Antivirus Security Pro 2014 will take over your system and will present fake messages explaining that your personal information is at risk or that your computer is severely infected by malware. Some of these fake notifications are like the following or similar:
“Warning! Network attack attempt detected.
To keep the computer safe, the threat must be blocked.”
“Warning! Infected file detected.
We strongly recommend activating full edition of your antivirus software for repairing threats.”
Please note that these pop-up notifications are bogus and are used with the only purpose of making you believe that your PC is at risk and fooling you to purchase Antivirus Security Pro 2014. This would generate income for the creators of this infection. Purchasing Antivirus Security Pro 2014 will expose your personal information to third-parties and you may also become a victim of a credit card or identity fraud.
This is a high-level, high-risk threat, and it should not be left unattended and this is the reason why you should take actions and remove it immediately, as it is a serious threat to your online identity and security.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users), by using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Antivirus Security Pro 2014 Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Antivirus Security Pro 2014 and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or to purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual Antivirus Security Pro 2014 Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Antivirus Security Pro 2014. However, you should proceed as your own risk, as any of the interventions might render your system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove Antivirus Security Pro 2014 by restoring your system to a previous state.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. To do this, turn your computer off and then back on and immediately when you see anything on the screen, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
***For Windows 8:
If you are using Windows 8, you need to hold the Shift button and tap the F8 key repeatedly, this should boot you into the new advanced “recovery mode”, where you can choose the advanced repair options to show up. On the next screen, you will need to click on the Troubleshoot option, then select Advanced Options and select Windows Startup Settings. Click on the Restart button, and you should now be able to see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the option “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3. When the command prompt loads up, type:
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Windows Vista/7/8: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
4. System Restore should initialize, and you will be displayed a list of restore points. Try using a restore point created just before the date and time before the Your-computer-has-been-locked virus has infected your computer.
When System Restore has completed its task, start your computer in Windows normal mode, you would need to perform a scan with anti-spyware software as the infection might still be on the system.
2. Remove Antivirus Security Pro 2014 under Safe Mode or Offline using a Rescue Disc:
1. Reboot your computer by using the information above but select Safe Mode with networking. Alternatively, you can boot the computer from a Rescue CD that you need to prepare before the removal process.
2. *If you are under Safe Mode or Normal Mode, check for the following process in memory and kill it:
%CommonAppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
3. Open Registry Editor (If using Rescue CD -> load the registry hive.)
4. Check the following registry keys for any entries related to the infection and remove them, if any found:
*Default entry must be: Explorer.exe
*Default entry must be: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
*Default entry must be:
Windows XP: rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL “sysdm.cpl”
Windows Vista/7/8: SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe /pagefile
Check and remove the following entry or similar:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AA2014″ = “%CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe”
5. Delete any files or folders related to Antivirus Security Pro 2014 by checking the following locations: