Activeris AntiMalware Removal
What is Activeris AntiMalware:
Threat Classification: Rogue Software/PUP
Activeris AntiMalware is presented as legitimate software that will clean your system of malware. Although, it is considered as a Rogue Software/PUP (potentially unwanted program).
When you install Activeris AntiMalware on your system, it will display fake warnings stating that there are multiple issues detected. In order to fix the problems, you will need to buy the full version of the software. Usually the presented results are nothing more than harmless cookies or modified Windows settings or registry keys.
Activeris AntiMalware is usually bundled with other free software products and is being installed by default when the user accepts the EULA while performing an express/recommended installation of that software. The possible distribution of Activeris AntiMalware varies but is not limited to – installing third-party programs, free software products, downloading e-mail attachments, clicking on ads or banners etc..
Activeris AntiMalware is technically not a virus. However, its operation recalls certain malicious characteristics like bogus alerts or system errors that need to be fixed. Activeris AntiMalware appears to be a legitimate application, but it is not recommended for use. The online community states that there are many errors left behind and the ones supposedly fixed have suspicious origin.
Activeris AntiMalware may block other legitimate software on your computer such as anti-virus or anti-malware programs. This rogue software may modify your browser settings, and will run hidden in the background. The removal process might be quite a challenge for a novice. If you do not feel confident enough, we suggest you to remove this virus automatically.
!!! Please note that these infections could potentially bring up other malware to your computer and even cause a loss of data. Please do not underestimate such threats.
There are two ways to remove this infection. It is totally up to you to decide which way you want to go:
1. Automatic Removal Method (recommended for regular or novice users) using a Professional Malware Removal Software.
2. Free Manual Removal (recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts).
Automatic Activeris AntiMalware Removal:
We recommend using SpyHunter Malware Security Suite.
You can download and install SpyHunter to detect Activeris AntiMalware and remove it, by clicking the button below. Once installed, SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your system, but in order to use it as a removal tool, you need to purchase a subscription.
Learn more about SpyHunter (EULA). You can find Install Instructions here: (LINK) SpyHunter`s free diagnosis offers free scans and detection. You can remove the detected files, processes and registry entries manually, by yourself, or purchase the full version to perform an automatic removal and also to receive free professional help with any malware related queries by their technical support department.
Manual Activeris AntiMalware Removal:
!!! Please note: You can remove Activeris AntiMalware manually, however, you should proceed at your own risk, as any of the interventions might render you system inoperable. Therefore this manual removal method is highly recommended for PC Experts or Enthusiasts. For regular users, MalwareKillers.com recommends using SpyHunter or any other reputable security application.
1. Remove Activeris AntiMalware Uninstall Entry:
First, you can try to go to Control panel and click on Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and check the Uninstall Programs` List for any entry related to Activeris AntiMalware or any third-party add-ons, extensions and toolbars. If you find such, double-click on it and try to remove it. Although, please mind that you may not be able to remove it directly from the list.
*(Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs) or “Win + R” keys to open “Run” and type in “control”, then hit enter.
If the above does not work, please try the following:
1. Start Windows Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar and select start task manager) and kill all associated program processes that still may run in the background: Activeris.exe. Now you should be able to uninstall the Activeris AntiMalware using its own uninstaller.
2. Click on the Start button, navigate to All Programs, locate the Activeris AntiMalware folder and click on it.
3. You should be able to see the “Uninstall Activeris AntiMalware” uninstaller. Left-click on it in order to engage the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall wizard shows up, click on the uninstall button and confirm the uninstall process. If everything goes smooth, you should be able to uninstall the program successfully.
2. Delete any folders or files related to Activeris AntiMalware by checking the following locations: